Comparing Pastey with CotranslatorAI
Thread poster: Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
May 27

I thought it would be interesting to compare Proz's own Pastey with CotranslatorAI in terms of features.

Main screens

Cotrans on Windows 10:

Screenshot 2024-05-27 at 10.55.13

Pastey on macOS:

Screenshot 2024-05-27 at 11.00.49

[Edited at 2024-05-28 05:22 GMT]

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Feature comparison table May 28

Screenshot 2024-05-28 at 10.39.17

This table will be updated.

[Edited at 2024-05-28 08:39 GMT]

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Updated table May 30

Screenshot 2024-05-30 at 10.05.56

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Table updated again Jun 1

Screenshot 2024-06-01 at 10.54.43

Philippe Noth
Philippe Noth  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 20:13
Member (2015)
German to French
+ ...
Interesting Jun 3

Thanks, Hans, for letting me (us) know about CotranslatorAI. That prompt repository is exactly what I was looking for. I will be testing it over the next few months.

Philippe

Hans Lenting

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Forum not accessible Jun 5

Reading this post: "Level up your prompts! Be a tester for a new service (prompt library)", it seems to me that they are working on a prompt library for Pastey.

The forum is not accessible for Plus members ...

BTW: When I have some time, I'll illustrate how Mac users can easily create their own prompt library/repository with the magnificent Keyboard Maestro (by using the
... See more
Reading this post: "Level up your prompts! Be a tester for a new service (prompt library)", it seems to me that they are working on a prompt library for Pastey.

The forum is not accessible for Plus members ...

BTW: When I have some time, I'll illustrate how Mac users can easily create their own prompt library/repository with the magnificent Keyboard Maestro (by using the super handy Prompt With List action.

[Edited at 2024-06-05 08:26 GMT]
Collapse

Philippe Noth
Philippe Noth  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 20:13
Member (2015)
German to French
+ ...
API cost Jul 3

Here's some feedback on the CotranslatorAI program, specifically regarding the cost of the API…

I've been using CotranslatorAI for the past month. While I haven't been using it heavily, every request I made in June was through the CotranslatorAI client. Before that, in April and May, I was using ChatGPT via the Chat platform, which costs $20 per month.

At first, I was worried about the unpredictable costs of using an API. But to my surprise, my usage in June only rack
... See more
Here's some feedback on the CotranslatorAI program, specifically regarding the cost of the API…

I've been using CotranslatorAI for the past month. While I haven't been using it heavily, every request I made in June was through the CotranslatorAI client. Before that, in April and May, I was using ChatGPT via the Chat platform, which costs $20 per month.

At first, I was worried about the unpredictable costs of using an API. But to my surprise, my usage in June only racked up a mere $0.32! Of course, your mileage may vary, especially if you integrate it into a CAT tool and request translations for every segment. As for me, there's no way I'll ever hit the $20 I used to pay. So, if someone views Pastey and its "free" API as a $20 monthly gift, that's not quite accurate.

This applies to any API-based solution. I believe Phrase Express can also connect to ChatGPT through an API.

One advantage I see for Pastey is that it can also "talk" to Claude and Gemini.

A major advantage for CotranslatorAI is its prompt library. Not just the feature itself, but the fact that the developer provides a vast library of optimized templates, some of which are quite elaborate. In theory, since prompt engineering is crucial for AI, this should yield much better results.

Philippe
Collapse

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Pastey version 1.0.4 Jul 17

This morning I discovered that Pastey is now at version 1.0.4.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Comparing Pastey with CotranslatorAI

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »