Fine-tuning Deja Vu automatic propogations NOT to use ¡ and ¿ in English
Thread poster: jfnelson61
jfnelson61
jfnelson61
Spain
Local time: 09:31
Spanish to English
May 27

Problem: in translating from Spanish to English, DVX3 propogates a translation from, say, "Ayuda" to "Help" just fine, but when it's an exclamation "¡Ayuda!" or question "¿Me ayudas?", it always incorrectly propagates into English as "¡Help!" and "¿Can you help me?", with those initial symbols ¡/? that only exist in Spanish. How can I tell DV NOT to use those symbols at all in the propogated or assembled English?

Thanks.

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Spanish May 28

Since Déjà Vu originally was developed in Spain, I cannot imagine that you cannot fix this.

Are you aware of this group? There are quite some experienced users there:

Screenshot 2024-05-28 at 10.27.19

Yolanda Broad

jfnelson61
jfnelson61
Spain
Local time: 09:31
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
DV user group May 29

Thanks Hans. I did not know of that user group. I'll try to get permission to join (I see it requires registering, sigh). Thanks for the suggestion.

BTW, silly me: I asked ChatGPT about how to solve this problem. It gave me a very convincing set of different ways, step by step, none of which work or even correspond to reality, but it looked pretty

Hans Lenting wrote:

Since Déjà Vu originally was developed in Spain, I cannot imagine that you cannot fix this.

Are you aware of this group? There are quite some experienced users there:

Screenshot 2024-05-28 at 10.27.19

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Fine-tuning Deja Vu automatic propogations NOT to use ¡ and ¿ in English

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »